XMod Pro Module Kit - jQuery News Ticker: EGrappler DNews Slider
As an example kit to show off the flexibility of XMod Pro templates when creating module items for DotNetNuke like a news ticker or slider, we have put together an example using our example data set and a popular jQuery plugin, the Dynamic News - RSS-Driven, Dynamic News Slider Plugin from EGrappler.
Module Description: Intended to showcase article, text, paragraph and news info, this news ticker has a slick set of features that make it more than the average slider. From their website, they describe the news slider as, "...a jQuery news slider plugin that makes news integration to your web site very easy. Dynamic News plugin supports two ways to add news data. You can either enter your news via HTML markups manually or let Dynamic News plugin load the news from rss feed and build the necessary HTML markups automatically. One cool feature of Dynamic News slider plugin is the news preview or news summary pane, hovering over news headline will show news summary in a tool tip like pop up, which also provides link to news detail page. All the features of Dynamic News slider plugin are configurable. Its up to you whether you want to display news preview pane, display control bar, auto hide control bar or keep it always visible."
Uses: It can be used to show external RSS feeds of information (for instance external news article feeds, twitter feeds facebook feeds, etc., OR use your own XMod Pro RSS Feed), or it can be used to show the newest articles and information from other DotNetNuke article or event, blog modules (such as the ZLDNN DNN Article or Ventrian or digArticle modules), or you can connect it to your own completely custom built XMod Pro article solution and external database records. Use this as a base code to create your own customized module or use it as a resource for tips and tricks for building your own XMod Pro solution!
XMod Pro Module Kits: Notes & Instructions
- XMod Pro demos and XMod Pro Module Kits are free for everyone to use! We have developed them to help share popular items and to help train users in the features and functionality of XMod Pro for creating custom module solutions for DotNetNuke!
- To utilize this XMod Pro demo, simply download the Module Kit from the DNNDev Downloads section. Once you've downloaded the file, install it as you would any DNN module. Next, add the kit module to a page. Finally, click the module's "Finish Installation" button to complete the process. The result will be an XMod Pro module instance, configured to use the kits forms, templates, and feeds as needed.
- This module utilizes code and files from the EGrappler jQuery news ticker plugin, Dynamic News.
- Images such as the arrow, and frame image can be customized and replaced with your own images. You may also download the full js/css/images from the source at egrappler.com
- This XMod Pro Module Kit has been setup to work with the records from a sample XMP database table, to connect to an RSS feed, follow the instructions and notes regarding the Google API Key for parsing the RSS.
- The jQuery involved with the Dynamic News Slider is compatible with all modern web browsers and with jQuery versions 1.4.4+.
- This XMod Pro Module Kit features an XMP Template for layout and XMP Form for editing the items in the demo