XMod Pro Module Kit - DotNetNuke Email-A-File Form
As an example kit to show off the flexibility of XMod Pro and the power of the Control Data Source (for Dropdowns) and Form Email functions, we have created a Module Kit example that allows you to create a basic form to email a file from your DotNetNuke website.
Ever needed to send an email to a user for a file that is within your DotNetNuke website? Or needed to send an attachment that is too large for you to send out (gmail attachment limitations for instance) or for them to receive? Ever needed a basic "you send it" functionality for your DotNetNuke website?
This basic file share or email a file form allows you to send files to anyone from your DNN site. This helps solve the problem where sending email with attachments or attachments over IM or FTP may not be effective. You can specify an email subject and message to accompany the email information, and best of all, the file linked by the core DotNetNuke LinkClick function, which allows you to retain complete control of the file and restrict it within the DNN user environment so that, to retrieve the file, the user may need to log in first, and have appropriate roles/rights to access the file!
This demo shows elements of XMod Pro Forms such as:
- XMod Pro Form Elements - textbox, textarea, dropdown, and linked/connected dropdowns
- XMod Pro TextArea form element displays available character countdown and max limit
- XMod Pro validation with field alerts, checking valid email formats and Validation Summary bullet point list
- XMod Pro Email - two email sending actions, one to recipient, second optional email if CC is checked
- XMod Pro Success Message displayed after successful submission
Recommended for use by administrators of a DNN site, or by admin users, this form allows you to send a link to a file from the DotNetNuke file system. Use this as a base code to create your own customized form module by adding in tweaks, or use it as a resource for tips and tricks for building your own XMod Pro solution!
XMod Pro Module Kits: Notes & Instructions
- XMod Pro demos and XMod Pro Module Kits are free for everyone to use! We have developed them to help share popular items and to help train users in the features and functionality of XMod Pro for creating custom module solutions for DotNetNuke!
- To utilize this XMod Pro demo, simply download the Module Kit from the DNNDev Downloads section. Once you've downloaded the file, install it as you would any DNN module. Next, add the kit module to a page. Finally, click the module's "Finish Installation" button to complete the process. The result will be an XMod Pro module instance, configured to use the kits forms, templates, and feeds as needed.
- The form code is ready to use AS IS, however, the best part of XMod Pro is that you can extend and enhance as needed! This form code could be easily modified to show a dropdown list of users instead of a name/email field. You could work with DNN's roles and rights to show only folder/files that are available to a specific user... it's up to your imagination and your DNN site needs!
- This XMod Pro Module Kit features an XMP Form.