XMod Pro Module Kit - DotNetNuke Feedback Form
As an example kit to show off the flexibility of XMod Pro templates when creating module items for DotNetNuke like a comments form or feedback form, we have put together an example using standard XMod Pro forms and a little extra jQuery for the "additional options" section.
Building a DotNetNuke form for Contact Us forms, User Feedback forms, or Website Comments forms is a popular task and is required in almost all DNN sites! This is a simple form allows users to submit feedback comments & suggestions with all other items as not required. Users can expand the optional section to provide additional answers as well.
When submitted, the form will email the Portal Admin (or any other email address you specify), and if the "CC Me" check box is selected, will email a message copy to the user specified in the SenderEmail field.
This demo shows elements of XMod Pro and jQuery such as:
- XMod Pro Form Elements - textbox, dropdown, textarea
- XMod Pro TextArea form element displays available character countdown and max limit
- XMod Pro validation with field alerts and Validation Summary bullet point list
- Core CAPTCHA integrated with improved error alerts/styles
- jQuery simple expand/collapse
- XMod Pro Success Message displayed after successful submission
Use this as a base code to create your own customized form module by adding in your questions and form fields, or use it as a resource for tips and tricks for building your own XMod Pro solution!
XMod Pro Module Kits: Notes & Instructions
- XMod Pro demos and XMod Pro Module Kits are free for everyone to use! We have developed them to help share popular items and to help train users in the features and functionality of XMod Pro for creating custom module solutions for DotNetNuke!
- To utilize this XMod Pro demo, simply download the Module Kit from the DNNDev Downloads section. Once you've downloaded the file, install it as you would any DNN module. Next, add the kit module to a page. Finally, click the module's "Finish Installation" button to complete the process. The result will be an XMod Pro module instance, configured to use the kits forms, templates, and feeds as needed.
- This form code is ready to use once installed. However, it can be further extended with additional features such as the ability to save a copy of the informaiton in the database, bcc additional parties, etc.
- This XMod Pro Module Kit features an XMP Form.