XMod Pro Module Kit - jQuery Content Slideshow: CSSTricks Featured Content Slider
As an example kit to show off the flexibility of XMod Pro templates when creating module items for DotNetNuke like a featured content rotator / slider, we have put together an example using our example data set and a popular jQuery Content Slideshow from CSSTricks.
Module Description: This is a great item to use as a basis for a news article slider, newest text/entries slideshow, etc. More than just an image gallery, it is intended to showcase article, text, paragraph and news content in a nice way in a compact area. In this example setup, items marked as Featured in the database are shown with more details such as title, subtitile and description, while the rest are shown with just images and titles.
Uses: It can be used to show it's own data, or it can be used to show the newest articles from an article module, newest blog posts, support tickets, etc. from any existing module records. Use this as a base code to create your own customized module or use it as a resource for tips and tricks for building your own XMod Pro solution!
Arizona DNN Users Group
Phoenix is home to 1,445,632 people according to the official 2010 U.S. Census Bureau data, it is the anchor of the Phoenix metropolitan area (also known as the Valley of the Sun) and is the 14th largest metro area by population in the United States with 4.2 million people in 2010. In addition, Phoenix is the county seat of Maricopa County, and is one of the largest cities in the United States.
Charlotte, North Carolina
Queen City DNN User Group
Nicknamed the Queen City, Charlotte has become a major U.S. financial center, and is now the second largest banking center in the United States after New York City. Charlotte is also home of the Carolina Panthers of the National Football League, the Charlotte Bobcats of the National Basketball Association, the NASCAR Hall of Fame, and the U.S. National Whitewater Center.
Chicago Area DotNetNuke User Group
Today, Chicago retains its status as a major hub for industry, telecommunications and infrastructure, with O'Hare International Airport being the second busiest airport in the world in terms of traffic movements. In 2008, the city hosted 45.6 million domestic and overseas visitors.
Orlando DotNetNuke Users Group
Orlando is the county seat of Orange County, and the center of the Greater Orlando metropolitan area. According to the 2010 US Census, the city had a population of 238,300, making Orlando the 79th largest city in the United States. The Greater Orlando metropolitan area has a population of 2,134,411, making it the 27th largest metro area in the United States.
Connecticut DotNetNuke Users Group
Connecticut is a state in the New England region of the northeastern United States. It is bordered by Rhode Island to the east, Massachusetts to the north, and the state of New York to the west and the south (with which it shares a water boundary in Long Island Sound).
XMod Pro Module Kits: Notes & Instructions
- XMod Pro demos and XMod Pro Module Kits are free for everyone to use! We have developed them to help share popular items and to help train users in the features and functionality of XMod Pro for creating custom module solutions for DotNetNuke!
- This module utilizes code and files from the CSS Tricks jQuery text and image slideshow presentation, Featured Content Slider from the article, "Creating a Slick Auto-Playing Featured Content Slider" on www.CSS-Tricks.com.
- To use this XMod Pro demo, simply download the Module Kit from the DNNDev Downloads section. Once you've downloaded the file, install it as you would any DNN module. Next, add the kit module to a page. Finally, click the module's "Finish Installation" button to complete the process. The result will be an XMod Pro module instance, configured to use the kits forms, templates, and feeds as needed.
- Images such as the arrow, and frame image can be customized and replaced with your own images. You may also download the full js/css/images from the source at css-tricks.com
- For demo purposes, initial templates are set to reference the sample images stored on the DNNDev site. When ready to use, follow instructions in the code and edit the code (and feed) files to reference your DotNetNuke instance
- The jQuery involved with SlidesJS is compatible with all modern web browsers and with jQuery versions 1.4.4+.
- This XMod Pro Module Kit features an XMP Template for layout and XMP Form for editing the items