DotNetNuke Tech Support Form For XMod Pro
To help us better help website users, we've needed a simple tech support form where users could report an error. More importantly, we needed to know the page they were on, any extra browser information we could gather, etc. This form was built from a version of our XMP Module Kit (that shows off jQuery + XMP Form integration) and uses XMP Request Variables to gather any extra information from the user's browser that is present including Browser name/type/version, etc. A simple version of this form can be placed in a popup ON the actual page where an error occurrs, and it will report the URL / Page that the user is on without them having to type it in (users often forget the important details!). If behind login and a level of security/trust, you could also add a file upload to allow users to post a screenshot.
This is a DotNetNuke technical support or error reporting form which allows users to submit issue and event details, comments & suggestions and leaves all other items as not required. Users can expand the optional section to provide additional answers as well. When submitted, the form will email the Portal Admin (or any other email address you specify), and if the "CC Me" check box is selected, will email a message copy to the user specified in the SenderEmail field.
This demo shows elements of XMod Pro and jQuery such as:
- XMod Pro Form Elements - textbox, dropdown, textarea
- XMod Pro Token Variables - REQUEST variables such as Browser, Agent, Locale, Referrer
- XMod Pro Token Variables - Other Standard variables such as TabID, PageName, URL, PortalID, UserID
- XMod Pro TextArea form element displays available character countdown and max limit
- XMod Pro validation with field alerts and Validation Summary bullet point list
- Core CAPTCHA integrated with improved error alerts/styles
- jQuery simple expand/collapse
- XMod Pro Success Message displayed after successful submission
Use this as a base code to create your own customized form module by adding in your questions and form fields, or use it as a resource for tips and tricks for building your own XMod Pro solution!
Made For XMod Pro
This Kit / Code works in XMod Pro
and is a collection of Forms, Templates and Feeds that together create a solution or module for DNN. This code will not work without XMod Pro 3+ installed in your DNN instance. If you do not already have a licensed copy of XMod Pro, go get one!
Get XMod Pro now from The DotNetNuke Store
Notes & Instructions
You have two options on how to install and begin using the module kit:
- Option 1. Install Manually
- Option 2. Use the Kit Module Installer
The kit module installer allows you to use the standard DotNetNuke module install process to install the XMod Pro forms and template files as well as create the example database table necessary.
- To use the kit installer, simply install it in the same manner as a standard module.
- hen, place the module on a page
- follow the instructions displayed on the module and click a button to complete installation
- the completion of the installation process will remove the temporary kit installer module from the page and your DNN instance
- you are now ready to specify the template, forms, etc within a module of XMod Pro like normal